WE promote a wider understanding of
the challenges facing civil aviation in Europe
Airports in geographical Europe with regular or permanent commercial air traffic are eligible for regular membership of ACI EUROPE (affiliated regular membership of ACI EUROPE is open to airports which are already regular members of another region of Airports Council International).
Regular members are entitled to:
- nominate directors and managers to participate in the regional committees, to be eligible for nomination by the European Board as chairmen or vice chairmen of such committees, and to be nominated by the European Board as candidates for membership of ACI standing committees at the world level;
- vote in the ACI EUROPE annual assembly;
- submit airport Chief Executive Officers for election by all the regular members to the ACI EUROPE assembly and to the ACI WORLD Governing Board;
- attend all ACI EUROPE and other ACI conferences worldwide at the special members' reduced registration fees;
- receive all ACI EUROPE documentation and publications including our daily newsround service Aviation Express, the full-colour quarterly publication Communiqué Airport Business magazine, as well as important Board and Committee documentation and related communication from ACI EUROPE.
- receive ACI WORLD members’ documentation including the news bulletin ACI World Report;
- receive and feature in the ACI Worldwide Membership Directory;
- receive monthly and annual ACI EUROPE airport traffic reports;
- use the special version of the ACI EUROPE logo on company stationery and publications (the authorised version must be obtained from the ACI EUROPE office); and a special discount for advertising in ACI EUROPE publications and off space and stand shell prices at ACI EUROPE exhibitions.
The calculation of a regular member’s annual contribution for any given year is based on the traffic unit of two years previously (effective as 1 January 2012 with the new scale of annual contributions, as approved on 16 June 2011 by the ACI EUROPE General Assembly meeting in Lisbon). This system of traffic-related annual contributions ensures that even the smallest airport can afford to join ACI EUROPE.
Definition Of A Traffic Unit
A traffic unit is each of the following (through passengers in direct transit are not counted as traffic units):
- an enplaned passenger;
- a deplaned passenger;
- 100 kilograms (220 pounds) of enplaned cargo (including mail); and/or
- 100 kilograms (220 pounds) of deplaned cargo (including mail).
To calculate your airport's annual contribution, apply the total traffic units to the ACI EUROPE scale of annual contributions. All ACI EUROPE member airports are required to pay their annual contribution in January of each year. Affiliated regular members pay only 20% of the traffic-related annual contribution compared with a European regular member. Affiliated regular membership of ACI EUROPE is open to enterprises which are already regular members of another ACI region.
To Apply for Regular Membership, please download & complete this form
Once your Application for Membership has been formally approved by the Board of ACI EUROPE, we will officially welcome you as an ACI EUROPE Member to the network of airport operators in Europe and around the globe.